<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 26, 2005

The rightful champions have been crowned. By now everyone would have come to realise and accept the fact who the true champion of Europe is. Definitely not Chelski. Liverpool. The football club much beloved everywhere. But things werent going so well when it started. 3-o down at half-time. Yes, i admit that i told my frens i'll be watching it alone at home at 1-o down. Yes, at half-time, told my frens that im going to sleep. But a good fren of mine told me to stay on watch, not every year you get to see Pool in a final. But i was disheartened. I didnt want to see my beloved club get thrased. It'd be too saddening. It was not a matter of who won, but by how many goals Milan were going to score. I didnt want to see that day Liverpool thrashed in Europe, not in a Champs league final. Furthermore there was my IPPT looming in the near morning, and i havent got any sleep yet.

But in my heart, yes, i want to sit thru the whole match. I have to brave myself watever the scoreline may be. It paid off. Yes, i didnt believe we could get even a goal, let alone 3 goals. Alhamdullilah. In the first half, i was saying my Gattuso their ball winner was playing like a mad dog. Our mad dog? Stevie G was surprisingly muted in the first half. But in the seond half, after that excellent looping header, we urged his comrades, in his typical Stevie G style, waving his hands up, urging them, c'mon mates, just 2 more. Thank you Stevie G. You played your role as captain and chief motivator. When the chips were down, you really made it count. Another figure that I juz cant shake off my mind was Xabi Alonso. Buy of the season. His face was expressionless. But you inside his battling hard for the team. Oh-so-cool his expression was. No signs of tiredness. Just pure determination. He too made his penalty count, nevermind he missed it at first.

Yes, i couldnt take it no more during xtra time. I slept. But it was accidental tho. Fatigued sunk in, tho i wasnt even on the fields of Ataturk. When i awoke, i saw how happy the fans were. Oh great, wats so happy abt to be in the penalties. Then i checked my mobile and i had a miss call. Hmm. Wats happening? Then the fren told me. Pool had already won. I totally missed the penalties. Dudeks Grobblear-esque antics. Shevchenko's suey-ness.

Man, i should have just keng MC and sleep after the match. Failed the IPPT anyways. Fucken.

Visit Su's website, http://deadwhite.pitas.com. It says it all. Beautiful Su! Nicely done.
Comments:
Oh ho! Someone had a blog for the past 2 years and didnt even bother to let me know about it. I figured good friends made it known about blog launches but great friends expect you to just know about it.

Anyway who's your friend who told you to "stay on watch, not every year you get to see Pool in a final." Gua caya sama dia lah!

Reminds me of myself. Waited for 2 year before Team Spore proved themselves by winning the Tiger Cup. Damn I almost cried. Emotional deja vu strike me again when Liverpool won.

I knew they had it in them :)
 
queen amideerah who is? hmmmm. identify yourself, you shall. hmmmmmmm.

my fren was a fellow liverpudlian, heo only turned against me for one match which was against juventus coz he supported juventus too.

yes, i was there to witness Singa Singapura win the tiger cup. wat a nite of futbol. fantesticles. GU GU GUGU GU GU GUGU GUGUGUG!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?