<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Malay Man Lost In Bournemouth 

2 things happened in the past few days that will prob shape my future. First, i experienced my virgin hail storm last fri. Was on my way to the Bournemouth Islamic centre (aka their Mosque) when it happened. Tis was bits n pieces of ice, didnt really get soaked, but i say it's quite painful when the ice hits ur face. My broinlaw said this was the first time he'd have hail here.My mum said it happened to sambut my arrival. It was freaking cold ya. The mosque is tiny, the only one here in Bournemouth. Its like an old building, makeshift into a mosque, so u've got diff floors n rooms, n i had no idea where the grand imam was. Was pretty long too the khutbah, esp when he went in Arabic. And here we pray in style, with our jackets n all. In the room i was in, all filled wif my brudders in Islam from da peace in da Middle east, wearing from trenchcoat to leather jackets n suede. Funny how there's plentiful of churches evrywhere, but its so hard to even have 1 proper mosque.

The second impt event was, it snowed in the morning last Sun. Ive lost my snow virginity. I juz woke up n was too stoned to go outside to do anytin abt it. (It was mighty freezing too).Normally it doesnt get tat cold in the mornings. It was to get worse later tat day coz my sis n broinlaw brought me to this nice kebab hashish place somewhere i dont know where but we had to take the bus. Shitty thing is, apparently Sun is like a slackday for evryone here, so the buses run like only once every hour n most shops would either be closed or opened till only 4pm. Wat a slack town! And the Asian shops would be opened till late. We workaholics arent we not. The food was nice, but i dont really fancy mediterranean chutzpah, but it was oklah. When it comes to looking for halal food, somehow middle-eastern food would always be the closest thing u'd get for it.

When going back home at abt 5, the wind was blowing quite strongly. According to my broinlaw, it was abt 2 to 3 deg without the winds itself. So wif the winds, prob it might have dipped to zero. Tat was when i tot, i should have bought the long-johns at the Coldwear shop at Suntec. Silly, overconfident me. Lucky for me the jacket i got's thick enuff. Goodenough UK.

Yesterday went grocery shopping at their own local NTUC, called .ASDA. Theyve got this great juice, a mix of coconut n pineapple juice. Apparently, its known as Pina Colada to the boozers out there, but this minus the alcohol yea.

Today, went out myself to the town area. Tink have prob been to almost evry store. Bournemouth is really kinda relax chill area, coz ive seen loadsa old people (retirees) and students, mostly oriental kids. The shitty thing is, shops here close at 5, and by 6, it was like how it'd be when Magrib in S'pura. Borders was the only shop tat would open till 10pm. Apperently here nite life starts at 7, these party people. There's bountiful of clubs n pubs here. So tis would be perfect for u party animals out there. So was walkin on my own goin back, mulut berasap (am still amazed by it hah!) n was bit drizzling.

Apparently Pete Doherty n the Arctic Monkeys are the fashiznits here in England.

And the Sun's PAGE 3 gals are fer real, dudes n dudettes. Got the shock of my life. Ive heard of it but nvr tot much abt it. So after Pool lost to Benfica, i got the cheapest paper available which was THE SUN (35p), n to my surprise when i got back home, 2 mamamamaries were staring at me. Yowzah. Imagine good ol TNP, u open the 3rd page got ur neighbour's daughter in her full glorious birthday suite.

Here's some pics for ya to feed on:


The snow tat greeted me on tat Sunday morning. (note : view is from writer's room)




After a hearty meal of some kebab thingy, made me all warm n fuzzy inside again.




Yes. It was tat cold. (note : this is not a simulated picture)




My niece, the parka gurl. Inside the second deck of the Yellow bus.





Some artsy fancy pancy shite. The town centre. Tats one of the Churches.



Trivia : Did u know they call the second floor of any building the FIRST FLOOR, and their first floor is called the GROUND FLOOR. Mat salleh british bodoh

Oh yea, today made my first shopping purchase. Bought a bleddy long-john thermal kids. Kids size somemore. Cheaper. Adults was 12pounds, kids only 6pounds.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?